Shima Kokubunji

The temple was built over a period of about 7 years from 1836

The temple was founded as Shima Kokubunji Temple in the Nara period (13-5) under the edict of Emperor Shomu, based on the expansion of Buddhism and the decree of "One Province, One Temple. (The present building was rebuilt in 8.) On May 20 every year, the temple is crowded with visitors for the Hana-Matsuri (Flower Festival). The main statue of Yakushi Nyorai is designated as a cultural asset of the prefecture. The temple main doors are opened once every 1 years.

Information

Address
517 Agocho Kou, Shima, Mie 0506-3476
Phone
0599-47-3128
Time taken
15 minutes
Parking Lot
Yes: 20 parking spaces
Access
Public Transportation: 15 minutes from Kintetsu Ugata Station by Mie Kotsu Bus bound for Anori, 5 minutes walk from Kokufu Shirahama Bus Stop.
By car: Approximately 25 minutes from the Shiraki IC of the Daini- Ise Road.
Other spots

Nearby spots

Enjoy Shima